Monday, January 24, 2011

3 Months..........wow

Hey everyone,
I can't actually believe it has been 3 months since I last blogged. Soooooooo sorry about that, I keep meaning to then stuff keeps happening and I forget. I hope you all had a great holiday season. Since my last blog, I got a temp job over the Christmas season working in a clothing retail company called River Island. I started in the last week of October and worked till the last week of December. It was a very interesting experience to be sure!!! It kept me quite busy and provided us with some much needed funds so that was great. I turned 25 on the 28th of October, so that was interesting...I am now half way through my 20's and half way around the world from where I started them out. :P We had a Thanksgiving day celebration at the House of Prayer since my friend Charles and I are both from America, it was really good fun. December was busy busy busy for us, I was working all the time and there was a lot of snow which made getting to work on public transportation a bit of a nightmare at times. It got really cold here, in fact it was record breaking cold, which isn't really the kind of cold you want to be part of usually. It got so cold that there was a week where it warmed up and so many people's pipes had burst that half of Belfast didn't have any water for about 3 or 4 days. We had a quiet Christmas just Jemma, myself, and my friend Charles at our little house here on Sefton Park. It was really nice though, we just shared presents, sat around chatting and eating food, and watching some Christmas movies, it was really good times. Jemma got to go and see her family on Boxing Day (26th of December) for a couple of days and do Christmas with them, so that was nice. There is no major good news to report about her sister yet, and the kids have been having a rough time as well, so please keep them all in your prayers as we continue to do the same. Our New Year's Eve we spent with our church Exchange, they had a big party for everyone and it turned out to be good fun. We had a meal, and played some games, and then had a big worship set to welcome in the New Year.
My temp. job ran out just before the new year and I have been looking for a new one for the past few weeks. Jemma put her CV (resume) in for a couple jobs on a Monday and literally the next day had a couple calls, the following day she did a group interview, the day after they called her back for a second interview, and Friday they told her she had the job and she started Monday!!! God is good!!! She is working in a call centre doing outbound sales calls at the moment, and she really enjoys it. I am continuing to look for a job while I work on House of Prayer stuff, and get more involved with out local church. If anyone is interested you can download the sermons from our church for free on i-tunes, just type in Exchange Church Belfast in the podcasts section. It is really good teaching, and great to be a part of a church that is bringing the good news of God's love and grace to Ireland. Today is Jemma's birthday and she is......well I probably shouldn't say how old she is you know how women are like about their age :P haha she is 27 today and as lovely as ever.
I am going to get my lovely wife Jemma involved in helping find a rhythm to doing these blogs since she is more administratively minded than I am, so that should help things move along a bit more. :P I am sorry to all of you who take time to read that it has taken me so long to post again, I really will make an effort to post more regularly. Thank you so much to everyone who reads, and is praying for us.

No comments: